- Are you a US federal government or DoD contractor?
- Do you need to meet the compliance and cybersecurity requirements of NIST 800-171, FedRAMP High, ITAR, or CUI/CDI?
- Does your growing business rely on cloud technology for its computing needs?
Microsoft’s Government Community Cloud (GCC) is a standard used for various applications spanning US state, federal, local, and territorial governmental organizations. This secure cloud platform is also in use among companies that handle government data, which falls within strict regulatory requirements. LAN Infotech has the expertise to analyze your needs as a government contractor, and deploy Microsoft 365 Government GCC across your workforce to ensure compliance with regulations.
Features of Microsoft GCC
Before your company starts the Microsoft GCC deployment process, you need to understand the functions and features of the technology, its limitations, and any elements that MS GCC has disabled in its default settings. No matter if you are migrating to GCC from a different cloud platform, or merely moving over from a separate Microsoft 365 flavor, the differences could have a profound impact on your day-to-day systems and processes. Knowing the features available to you will help you adjust your existing processes and prepare for your move. By default, Microsoft GCC has the following features:
- Base: Presence and Login
- Activity: My Activity and Feed
- Chat: Files, Conversations, Activity, Org Chart, Guest Access
- Meetings: Join, Schedule, Desktop Sharing, VoIP Meeting, Connect From Conference, Anonymous Join, Federate Meetings, Surface Hub, Meeting Notes
- Teams: Channel Message, Add a Member, Channel Files
- Calls: Contacts, Voicemail, History, Skype for Business, VoIP Calling, Calling Plans, Microsoft Phone System, PSTN, SIP
- Files: Microsoft Teams, Recent Store
- Search: Messages, Files, People, Slash Commands
- Compliance: Retention, Compliance Content, Legal Hold, Retention, eDiscovery
Microsoft GCC Solutions
LAN Infotech has extensive experience supporting cloud applications for US government contractors in South Florida. Talk to us today about the deployment of Microsoft’s Government Community Cloud solutions through the following steps:
Establishing Eligibility and Organizational Needs
- Segregated Office 365 content for your customers and the content needed for staff within your organization
- Storage of governmental content within the US
- Only pre-screened Microsoft personnel should access the governmental content your organization handles
- Complete accreditation and certification for compliance with US public sector contracts
Application for Microsoft GCC
- The business entity or category your business falls under
- Your company’s website
- Your complete physical address
Understanding Default Admin and Security Settings
- Decipher why GCC is at specific default settings
- Identify any settings that need modification
- Explore how any changes to settings could impact your service levels
- Find out your organization’s capacity to comply with requirements and regulations