Just a few short months from now, Microsoft will be ending its support of Windows Server 2003. This cutoff won’t leave much time for businesses to update existing systems or facilitate a total transfer of existing work to the cloud.
Unfortunately, a very low number of businesses currently operating on Windows Server 2003 have actually calculated a plan for the changeover with their IT services company.
Your Fort Lauderdale IT service company should be letting you know about the potential issues that come along with being unprepared for this changeover. There are many things you need to discuss with your IT services company to be sure that you’re aware of the risks and prepared for change.
- Outdated servers leave your entire system at risk due to obsolete, faulty software and unpatched security vulnerabilities
- Running on old hardware means running the risk of massive downtime and data loss due to failure
- Third party products in use throughout your office that are being used with Windows Server 2003 will likely no longer be supported
- Compliance policies have clauses stating that you must update your servers for critical threats. Windows Server 2003 won’t have any updates available after July 15, 2015, resulting in compliance problems that could lead to major fines
- Choosing an approach to lessen the risks with switching over can be difficult and is dependent on the IT environment
Don’t wait until the last minute and leave your entire IT environment at risk. To start putting a plan in place to get your business ready for the changeover, contact LAN Infotech at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (954) 717-1990.
LAN Infotech is a Microsoft Cloud Services Provider, IT Managed Support company and a leader in helping law firms, nonprofits and medical organizations deploy cloud solutions, manage computer networks, keep data protected and top technology management company. Businesses like yours need technology support to run highly-effective organizations.