According to The 12th Annual Survey of Cybercrime, 500 U.S. business executives, law enforcement experts, and government officials say that the cyber criminals are.
The Survey was co-sponsored by the U.S. Secret Service, the CERT Division of Carnegie Mellon University’s Software Engineering Institute, California-based consulting firm PwC, and CSO security news magazine.
Online attacks are increasing in number and in sophistication. Hackers are breaking into computers, stealing information, and disrupting business operations, in greater numbers. Plus they are using more advanced technologies that are difficult to detect.
According To The Survey:
- 3/4s of those surveyed detected a data breach within the past year.
- The average number of security intrusions was 135 per organization.
- The top five cyber attacks are from malware, phishing, network interruption, spyware, and denial-of-service attacks.
- Over 1/4th of the respondents said that attackers were insiders, such as contractors or current and former employees or service providers.
- Respondents believe that cyber criminals are finding new ways to circumvent security technologies to obtain sensitive information that they can sell.
The Take-Away Messages From The Survey
- The U.S. government needs to take a radically different approach to cyber security. This should include, but go beyond, antivirus software, training employees, working closely with contractors, and setting up tighter processes.
- Businesses need to work closely with IT Security Professionals to ensure their confidential and private information is kept that way.
LAN Infotech can help. We specialize in IT Security, and can help to prevent your business from cyber crime. To learn more, contact us at: (954) 717-1990 or email@example.com
LAN Infotech is a Microsoft Cloud Services Provider, IT Managed Support company and a leader in helping law firms, nonprofits and medical organizations deploy cloud solutions, manage computer networks, keep data protected and top technology management company. Businesses like yours need technology support to run highly-effective organizations.